Thursday, May 26, 2011

Skin Discolorations (Melasma)

I have had many inquires in regards to Discolorations (Melasma) on the skin, mostly on the face. People have been asking me what’s the best home remedies are to even out the skin tone, stuff they can find at home and wont have to spend money on fancy products.

It is important to understand the cause of discolorations on the skin, most of the time it has to do with sun exposure. It can also be seen in pregnant woman. Or it can be family history.

Exfoliating you skin would be a great thing to do also. When you exfoliate it scrubs off all the dead skin, which can already make a difference. Make sure not to rub and scrub to hard, must be gentle with your skin.

Some great natural lighters you can use as juice, or raw just rubbing them on to the skin. Leave it on the skin for 10-15 minutes and rinse with lukewarm water,
  • Lemon
  • Tomato
  • Cucumber
  • Potato
Please make sure you do not keep this on longer then 15 minutes. These natural lightens can also dry out and damage your skin if they are kept on to long.

You can mix these ingredients with the natural lighters to create a paste and leave on your face for 10-15 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
  • Almond Oil
  • Honey
  • Banana
  • Milk Powder
  • Oatmeal
I don’t have much discolorations but I love to mix Lemon Juice, Honey, either Banana or Milk Power. My skin feels so smooth, soft and clean. I feel like my skin has lighten since my foundation looks to dark for me. I try to do this twice a week.

Your diet and exercise can be great help also. As I mention before in my Stretch Marks blog drinking water is keeping your skin healthy internally!

Hope this helped!


No comments:

Post a Comment