QUESTION: Hi Jyoti, How are you doing? I love your makeup video's and I had a question to ask... I'm going to be going to New York in August and was wondering if the weather there is hot and humid how would I keep my makeup (foundation and eye shaodw) from getting yucky and sticky. the last time I went my eye shadow had creases and looked very bad.. Do you have any ideas?
I sure do have A LOT OF IDEA’S!! Let’s start with the foundation of your makeup! I will give you mini tips that will help your makeup last longer!
- Before you apply your makeup always Cleanse, Tone, and Moisture your face. If you have oily skin use oil free moisturizer.
- Apply a face primer before your foundation. Some good recommendations are:
- MAC Prep + Prime
- MUFE All Mat
- Smash Box Photo Finish
- Nars Makeup Primer
- In the summer time avoid using heavy foundations. Try a Powder Foundation. If you really love liquid either get a tinted moisturizer, or just mix 50% of your foundation and 50% of your moisture which will give you your own tinted moisturizer.
- Setting your foundation is very important. Dip your powder brush into your powder (loose / pressed), you want to PRESS & ROLL the brush all over your face. If you swipe it back and forth first of all your moving your foundation, second your powder is being wiped off your face, and third you makeup wont set since the powder was not pressed into your face to lock your foundation! =)
- Now as for your eye shadow creasing it is VERY IMPORTANT to you an eye primer not a base. An eye primer is something that will hold onto the eye shadow; avoid the eye shadow from creasing or fading. An eye base brings a pop to a eye shadow when applied. These are some of the eye shadow primers I work/worked with and they are great!
- Lise Watier Eye Primer
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- Two Face Eye Shadow Insurance
- MAC Paint Pot
- MAC Paints
- Modern Basic Eye Shadow Magnet
- If you feel that your eye shadow is still creasing with these primers either you have too much moisturizer or foundation on your eyelids, or you did not powder your eyelids. Another tip is after you apply the eye shadow primer allow it to dry for a minute or if you are in a hurry apply translucent powder over the primer.
- Last but not least. This is an extra step if you are really worried about your makeup fading. At the end of your makeup application spray a SEALER spray on your face not a Freshener or Setting Spray.
A Fresher spray (MAC Fix +) freshens your skin before you apply foundation, a setting spray (MUFE Mist & Fix) is to set your makeup but it will not seal it. A Sealer spray will lock your makeup for the day. Some good ones are:
- Ben Nye Final Seal
- Model in a Bottle
- Invisible Finish
- PS hair spray does the trick also ;)
Hope this helped all you ladies. May these tips help your makeup last ALL DAY!! =)